verification of non-automatic weighing instruments
What is the deadline for periodic checks?
- Every 2 years
Which equipment must be verified?
Non-automatic scales or weighing instruments used to establish the mass of a body for the following purposes:
- Carrying out commercial transactions
- Calculation of fees, duties, taxes, premiums, fines, remunerations, indemnities and other similar types of fees
- Enforcement of rules or regulations, as well as carrying out judicial expertise
- Weighing of patients for control, diagnostic and medical treatment purposes
- Pharmaceutical preparation of medicines on request, as well as carrying out analyses carried out in medical and pharmaceutical laboratories
- Determination of the total price or amount in direct sales to the public and the preparation of pre-packages
Whether the result of the verification is positive or negative, the scale shall carry a sticker in a visible place declaring compliance with the established requirements or a label of ineligibility for service.
Eurocontrol is accredited by ENAC No. OC-I/271 to perform periodic verification and after repair or modification of weighing instruments or automatic in-service instruments in the following categories:
- Class I, 1 mg ≤ 200 g with n ≤ m ≤ 220000
- Class I, 200 g < m ≤ 15 kg with n ≤130000
- Class II, m ≤ 150 kg with n ≤ 100000
- Class III, m ≤ 300 kg at n ≤ 10000
- Class IIII, m ≤ 300 kg with n ≤ 1000
Discover our other
Why choose Eurocontrol ?